Posts made by Janet Salmons

For those who use obsrvations or posts in their studies, the question arises: how do users feel about having their content used in research? I was on the advisory team for this fantastic study conducted by a group of NatCen researchers. It is a must-read!

Research Using Social Media

User's views

Welcome Tony. Excellent points! The next thread I am creating will focus on the selection of, and potential for, different kinds of technologies. I agree the handheld mobile devices offer some interesting potential for on-site responses and observations and anytime, anywhere research participation.

If you've done any research of this kind, or have favorite books/articles, I hope you will share them in the Resources thread.

Best,

Janet

Hi Linda,

That sounds quite interesting. Do you have any articles or work you could share? If so, please post in the "resources" area. 

I would think that interviews would be a useful way to probe cultural memory. I hope you will join in the webinar: Monday, May 12, 2014 at 17:00:00  See, Share, Create: Visual E-Interviews. The visual elicitation techniques online might be valuable given your research interests. 

Best,

Janet