Posts made by Richard Schwier

Excellent contributions, Jeffrey. I wish you had been sitting next to me during the session to nudge me on a few of these things. This may be presumptuous of me, but I'd invite you to write or record a little piece on Jean-Francois Lyotard and Jean Baudrilliard if you get a chance. These would be excellent voices to have represented in the collection, and I'm guessing they would be unfamiliar to some visitors.
Yes, Barbara, these ideas sound exciting! I also think that atmosphere and architecture are important to my own experiences. We'll have to attend carefully to that when the collection starts to take shape.

Thanks for the examples of non-linear multimedia layers on timelines. I can see how this could be used in this project to illustrate how significant events and ideas in educational technology overlap with other social, cultural and technological movements.
I think this could spark any number of other kinds of contributions about intercultural collaboration -- a very important aspect of the maturation of educational technology over time. So my sense of it is that this would be a wonderful contribution, and it may provide another lens for viewing parts of the collection--an intercultural or cross-cultural lens.

Thanks NIcholas!