Posts made by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

Hi Deirdere and Heather and all,
Interesting topic to me -- for sure. I feel so lucky when I find someone who shares know how or ideas with me when I can apply them and then, pass them on to others. I like your examples Heather. One of my friends Louanne, has already benefited from Deirdere passing something to her via yours truly.Thanks Deirdere.

One the things I find is that I have to learn how to categorize and then discern constantly -- whether to pursue a lead -- or not. Some leads seem to go no where -- but one never knows. I also know that I'm getting more aware of choosing more time for online learning -- not just for working online; partly because I have so much more to learn. With all of the new technologies, how do we best use them -- that is the ongoing question I'm researching now.
Jo Ann

Dear Nancy,
I am inspired by you post. I'm imagining that others are too. I remember reading that some people just focus on those that really went to learn. I think your post includes those that may have been turned off learning for various reasons. However I find that most people just need to see that it works for them.

I also like the idea of getting a tutor for Web 2.0. Now that's determination and focus.

Cheers,
Jo Ann
Hi Heather and Everyone,
Thanks for the welcome and I have been reading all the great intros -thanks.

Here is what I do for PD.
1) I'm continuing in my third area of a post-grad program -- this time in Distance Education and Technology.
2) I go to online and f-to-f conferences (less now than I used to do because of cost).
3) I'm on a list serve which feeds me all kinds of professional information about dance/movement therapy.
4) I read online and books/journals.
5) I write, although i don't actually publish much. I am working on a chapter -- which tends to take me forever to complete.

I mainly like online social contacts and learning -- but I do get overwhelmed sometimes and I have to schedule my time.

Jo Ann

Hi Heather and Everyone,

I don't have much of a sense of what is expected in this Scope seminar, or how long it lasts, perhpas someone could clue me in on these aspects. I recognize some people from the SCOPE conference recently.

I am a graduate student with Athabasca Univerity -- in the GDDET.
I'm also a Registered Psychologist, a Registered Canadian Art Therapist, and an Academy of Registered Dance Therapist with the American Dance Therapy Association. I'm a mom of a teenager too. My husband and I have a Psychological Treatment firm in Edmonton, Alberta. I am a teacher on contract with U of Lethbridge, St. Stephen's College in Edmonton, and Westley Institute (Calgary branch of Australian-based school).

I am learning when and where I can -- mostly online these days. I'm curious about that these Scope sessions will open up in the way of new information. I'm not at all sure I have much to offer to this topic, but I'll see.
Jo Ann