Posts made by Sue Wolff

Ok Brenda, I visited the edublogs link to find Bee's Buzz. Cute name. I am intrigued how the blog protects your identity for the most part. How intentional is that? Wonder how this public/private identity issue is facotrs into our management of multimembership. 

Hello Brenda, I was tickled that you are starting to blog about your teaching practice for your own reflection. I blog for myself also for the same reasons, and got started when we were required to in my Masters program.

You mention the issue of blogging your personal space in public. Is your current reflective blog public? (I searched you and saw Classroom 2.0, but it's down for maintenance.) If you do, do you think hard and pause before blogging publicly?

And I also appreciate you and everyone who shares their reflections on their practice. Everyone whose blogs I read inspires me to be a better practitioner. To blog the effort, struggles, joys, questions and all is a gift back to the community I think.
One of the wonderful benefits to professional collaborative forums and seminars like these is the chance to observe and interact with others who have been more or less active for more or less time than myself. I always pick up new ideas and it's interesting to observe the different paths people take to learning about all this Web 2.0 richness.

Jeffrey, Bronwyn, Sylvia came up with these questions to chase these nuggets out in the open: How conscious are you of the practices that serve you in managing your multimembership? How have your practices changed over the past year?Is there anyone whose practices have shaped your own, or has this person become a mentor to you?
Heather, (and a little bit to Jeffrey too), the main reason I used the Marginalia tool was because it was readily available, as in already plugged in, to SCoPE. The annotations are right here where I left them, associated with the conversations. I don't have to take those extra steps of filing retrieving, going back to look up the context etc. I use some other highlighting tools for other applications.

Marginalia is helping me with the reflective aspect of my multimembership and also my facilitating role because tagging themes helps me focus and make sense of the conversation rather than the more casual lurking I sometimes do.

Using application specific filtering tools (the Comments feature in Word is another example) also helps me stay organized.
Last week, Karen Baker got us talking about making the most efficient use of our time. Timesaving tools were mentioned as well as attitudes like letting some things go and going with the flow.

Nik Peachy introduced the topic blogging and multimembership. It got people thinking about the strategies, techniques, and tools they use to manage so many blogs. The topic was worth exploring as many people follow bloggers, read blogs, subscribe to some blogs, and write blogs all as part of their social network online memberships.

The discussion went beyond blogs and timesavers, but for new people joining in week 2, let's explore this further. Are there any tools or websites that you have found particularly useful in helping you manage your multimembership?