Posts made by Christine Horgan

Ignatia: I don't believe I'm an evangelist or a fundamentalist...perhaps a realist. The nature of my work brings me into contact with social media (and I'm assuming we have similar interpretations of the term). It's just another tool in my work.

I am an introvert (who manages to function because I've managed to learn how to be what I call a "situational extrovert") and I am more and more finding that I do not want to even be on a computer when I leave the workplace and so my use of social media is now strictly limited to what I must do through my work.

Has anyone given any thought, is there any research, is there a profile of users? When people end up rejecting social media "tools," why?

Chris

Gina:

I used the term camera and I should have said projector.

When I "googled" ELMO projector, all I picked up were sales sites. Nevertheless, they do show what the projector looks like and explain the basic principles. No one sales site was any better than the others, so I'm not sure what to send to you that'll be helpful.

This link may be useful, though: http://www.elmousa.com/presentation

Chris

Gina:

Nothing that sophisticated. The ELMO camera is the next generation of overhead projectors. It's advantage is that it shows objects, in 3D and colour; no slide preparation is required. So, if--for example--a teacher thought it would be useful to show students a pencil, she'd just pop it under the camera and the object would be projected onto a screen or even a wall. Low-tech compared to the equipment you are using.

As for a link, tomorrow's task. I'll have to think about where best to send you.

Chris