Posts made by Christine Horgan

Yeah! success! I appear to have earned a couple of Khan Academy badges. Chris

Your Challenge Patches

Telling time
                                                Last achieved 46 seconds ago                                                       

Your Badges

Just Getting Started
                                                Last achieved 46 seconds ago                                                       
x1
Picking Up Steam
                                                Last achieved 9 minutes ago                                                                                            in Telling time

All Badges

Peter:

Internet explorer and, if I read an earlier posting correctly, it's a browser prone to giving grief. I'm going to try again from home and see if I have any more luck. Otherwise, you'll have to create a badge for dummies.

Cheers, Chris

Peter

Task 4:

7. Identify a variety of sites that issue badges:

I checked Mozilla open badges and Khan Academy and ran into roadblocks both times. Clearly, what's logical and intuitive to others is not to me. If i weren't so determined to succeed and earn some darn badges, I'd throw up my hands, mutter some rude words, and write the exercise off. But . . . I know I'll return and try to figure out where I'm going wrong. It does, though, raise some questions: as in, where am I going wrong and why.

8. Describe the skills, knowledge and curriculum the badges represent.

the mozilla badge was a curriculum related badge. three questions. I have no value for the badge as a result - i just have a value for the experience becasue it was my first badge. The khan academy badge was a time telling (analog clock) exercise. I'm not sure whether or not I was successful (no obvious, "Ta Dah, you have a badge") and no idea where the badge is housed.

ummmmmm, it surely can't be this difficult.

Cheers, Chris