Posts made by Jennifer Jones

As long as you guys know I'll keep being your champion! It is interesting to hear how different it is on other campuses. At least we're lucky to have admin interested in technology and funding adoption. We just need to convince them of the merits of giving it to those who want to use it. I think one of the best ways to keep you guys funded for as much as you want, is for you all to visibly distribute your knowledge.
I love hearing from someone who's been at it for 2 years and sees evidence of success! I have a bit of the opposite problem with my early adopters. They are very visible on campus, so admin and even some other faculty just brush them aside as early adopters and want to focus more attention on the others. I prefer to keep pushing things to the early adopters and letting them share!
Thanks for posting all those wonderful resources! I would love to hear more about your struggles to get wiki-writing accepted as a scholarly activity. Wow! You're onto something when you talk about being an early deserter. It's very challenging trying to find the right communication tool for a loosely defined network. Ning has worked for my group, for the most part, but I've seen it bomb horribly. I've also never seen a wiki work for a sustained social network.
I love that you are so aware of how your formal events can lead to informal learning. Sometimes you just have to get people to bite. You are doing great stuff there. One thing that is different in my work, is that we had no eLearning program before I came here last year. I don't have instructors PDF'ing their text books and calling it eLearning! Thanks for posting the link to Drape's project. I look forward to seeing how that goes as well.