Discussions started by Jennifer Jones

Philip Watland brought up an interesting point about discussing pedagogy before technology when it comes to VPD. Many instructors try to replicate f2f instruction in the online classroom. How can we use VPD methods to help stimulate discussion around appropriate pedagogical considerations with instructional technology? It's highly possible for "viral" discussions to also spread knowledge and information that can be detrimental to learning. Do you think VPD can be used for pedagogical instruction?
What technology tools do you use to support or participate in Viral Professional Development? Please share links or examples.
Does the technology get in the way of the learning?
Are you attempting sustainability with your approaches, or is it alright to jump from tool to tool as they emerge?
What challenges do you have in implementing technology for learning?
My original blog post about VPD can be found here, for those of you interested in learning more about my particular observations. It explains more about what VPD is, or can be. I think the most important part of the post is the comments that followed. From there, you will find links to others who have discovered they are already doing VPD. You are probably are too, but haven't found a way to identify it yet. To continue the conversation, please share your thoughts with the group. Some of the activities below may be a good starting point:

1. After reading the blog post and others, share what pieces resonated with you and your current PD situation.
2. If you couldn't relate to anything discussed in the post or comments, please share your thoughts and why VPD may not be a viable option for you.
3. Follow some of the links in the comments, or perform your own search and share links you find to other VPD sites.