Discussions started by Jennifer Jones

I've been sick through most of the seminar and haven't been as active as I wished, but truly gained so much from the experience. I've appreciated all the feedback and narratives and have grown from your exploration of the topic. I would love to hear your reflections on the discussions, especially any experiences you've had that you've not yet shared, as well as plans for the future.
Personally, I've learned that the technology is less important that I originally thought. The communication and collaboration between faculty is really the key to VPD and the component I will continue to focus on. I still believe organizational culture and change are vital to the success of VPD. I also want to further explore VPD as it related to Object-centered Sociality. It seems most of the positive examples you've shared, revolve around objects that stimulate discussion.
Thank you for allowing me to learn from your great minds and explore the work you are doing!
Jen
Show and Tell Tomorrow!

I will be holding the weekly Show and Tell session I run for our faculty tomorrow using Elluminate Live!. Sessions are held from 11:00AM to 11:45AM PST on Thursdays, entirely online. You can access the session here http://elm.elluminate.com/HOSTEDBTC/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1211578177752. It will be open from 10:30 to 12:30 if you would just like to practice using Elluminate. All you need to participate is internet access, although your experience will be best with speakers or headset/mic combination. I will share new tools I've discovered for about 15 minutes and then will turn the time over to participants. Feel free to invite anyone you like, including students! If you want to show off a project or tool, please be ready with your file, presentation, document, or links.

Here's the audio from the last session http://injenuity.podbean.com/2008/05/29/show-and-tell/

And the Elluminate recording is at http://elm.elluminate.com/HOSTEDBTC/play_recording.html?recordingId=1211578177752_1212082233648

As I follow the discussions here, I learn so much more about the ways individuals and organizations learn. I've never felt VPD was "teachable," but I do think there is value in identifying it as part of an organizational learning strategy. My concept of VPD has changed since we began this discussion and I have some questions. There are many new terms, strategies, philosophies regarding web-based tools for learning. Many of them involve such individualized application, attempting to define them only leads to argument and frustration. Here are some of my questions.

1. Is VPD something that can be defined as it applies to the masses, or is it something that resonates differently with each individual or organization? Are there any concrete components?
2. Can we teach VPD to others, or is it something we should just observe, identify and nurture within our organizations?
I've created an Elluminate Room you can use to discuss VPD (or just play with!). Send me your email address if you would like to be added as a moderator. I've left the room open until the 22nd. Feel free to pass it on to anyone you like. I would love to see you use it and post here about your experiences. I will be sharing the link on Twitter and we'll see what happens!