Posts made by Jennifer Jones

Greetings! I'm Jennifer Jones and I'm currently a stay at home mom. I have a lot of questions about OER, and I know Scott is a great person to guide us in the right direction. I've been publishing my work in the open as long as I can remember, but I know that doesn't mean it's educational, or a resource. I would like to know the distinction. I'm currently running a series in on my blog to help introduce educators to social media. It's open and CC licensed, but that doesn't mean it's an OER. My favorite OER was started by an instructor I used to work with at BTC, Tony Kuphaldt. It's an Electricity text book that has been remixed numerous times. He's currently completing another one and will have more licensing options this time.
Looking forward to learning with you!
Jen
I've been sick through most of the seminar and haven't been as active as I wished, but truly gained so much from the experience. I've appreciated all the feedback and narratives and have grown from your exploration of the topic. I would love to hear your reflections on the discussions, especially any experiences you've had that you've not yet shared, as well as plans for the future.
Personally, I've learned that the technology is less important that I originally thought. The communication and collaboration between faculty is really the key to VPD and the component I will continue to focus on. I still believe organizational culture and change are vital to the success of VPD. I also want to further explore VPD as it related to Object-centered Sociality. It seems most of the positive examples you've shared, revolve around objects that stimulate discussion.
Thank you for allowing me to learn from your great minds and explore the work you are doing!
Jen
Geoff, these are great definitions of the components of VPD, and I think they are general enough they could apply for anyone. I've been exploring it more on the blog and have found it to be even more simple than I originally conceptualized. It really is all about communication and collaboration, regardless of the media. Thanks for being such an active contributor to the discussion!