Posts made by Janna van Kessel

Hi Christina,

Thank you for sharing this amazing video and for giving us the permission to share as well. Your video is a wonderful reminder that rubrics are a good tool for students. I am also very interested in the PowToon tool that you used to develop this tool as we are looking at starting to use videos for student tools at our support centre. Would you mind if we chatted further about this (and other) that you recommend in a couple of weeks?

thanks again for sharing!

Janna

I truly appreciate all of the amazing feedback, seeing everyone's rubrics, and thinking a lot more about the future work required for my rubric. My work demands (spilling well into evenings) have impacted my participation, but I hope to jump on again during the weekend. Is there an opportunity to connect through this forum on a more ongoing basis?

I was able to squeeze in the very helpful feedback and will continue with my work-in-progress as I consult with instructors who are currently teaching the course. Further, I am very interested in deepening my knowledge of single point rubrics and the co-creation of rubrics with learners. I also found this condensed session a great challenge for me as a learner to try to quickly process and apply new knowledge and look forward to integrating additional elements with time.

warm wishes,

janna

HI everyone,

Thank you all so much for your feedback on such an early draft for that course that I am not currently teaching!

In my late-night fog, I ran out of time for weightings, but submission of an assignment would definitely be weighted a lot less that content. I also neglected to point out that I designed wider columns to allow for personalizes, written feedback in association with the mark assigned!

Thanks to for the reminder under my descriptive scale terms, classroom considerations, etc.

Lots to think about for my revisions and thanks for such a great forum for feedback!

j

Hi Jamie,

I can fully empathize about an unexpected busy week! Your Instructional Design rubric does remind me of planning projects.

Does sign off need to occur for each fully developed criteria? Your reference to use of examples and templates makes the expectation clear to your participant designers. I appreciate that your Instructional Design incorporate a backwards design approach!

thank you,

Janna

Hi Doug,

I appreciate your use of a holistic rubric and I too am already thinking about how I could use a badge-type approach.

I agree with a checklist approach for students to self-evaluate each component. You could maintain the narrative approach by using an open bullet front of each statement.

One question is if the student would be confused by have a level and a badge. A link with the practical client needs could help.

Thanks for sharing!

Janna