Posts made by Colleen Grandy

Hi Tara, 

An interdisciplinary northern #hashtag collaboration is a great idea! 

There were a lot of posts in our private class social forum (using tags in Moodle), but none shared more broadly on their personal social sites - I guess I didn't either, so probably some modelling would help!

Thank you for sharing your strategies for making class hashtags and social sharing successful. Next term, at the beginning of my class, I think I will try your suggestions! I will ask my students about their comfort with social media sharing, choose a few tools, and try some scaffolding/modelling to see how the sharing goes. 

Let's try this next term when my class is better prepared. I've learned it is tricky to bring in a new means of communicating more than half-way through the course (particularly in my asynchronous, online courses). 

Looking forward to connecting soon!

I tried it, too. I couldn't help myself - thought I'd share. I'm thinking of trying this one next term. It was fun. It does make me want to chat with my father to find more out about my one, distant Irish relative. I appreciated the moment to reflect and to share something that didn't require too much emotional work.

Made with Padlet

a variety of cooked food

I'm with Gina. It's been an indulgent week of exploration for me. Thank you for gifting me with so many ideas. I'm grateful for the sharing, the generous support you gave me and each other, and for the chance to play student with so many creative activities - and I still have a few to try!

If this were a face-to-face course, I would want to end it with a little group celebratory feast. Since that is the one community-building activity I have yet to find a way to make happen in an asynchronous online course, here is a feast photo! Can we imagine?

Thanks for the fun!

Colleen  

unsplash-logoGor Davtyan