Posts made by Christina Page

Hi Janna,

Thanks for taking the risk of being the first to post here.  From the sounds of things, you're working to develop a rubric for a course that's not your own -- a scenario I also find myself in.

I found that your critieria are clearly written, and I could understand what was expected at each stage.  As you mentioned, you haven't sorted through the weighting yet -- and I wonder if variable weighting for different components would make sense for this assignment (e.g. I might consider weighing content much more heavily than submission).

My other question for you would be whether you would consider reorganizing presentation  Rather than having the 0-4 checkboxes, I might put the meets expectations criteria directly under the number 3 (assuming that's what grade would be given), with the space to the left for items that exceed expectations and earn a four, and space to the right for deficiencies that might merit a 1 or 2.

Thanks for sharing the idea of a single point rubric -- it is already getting me thinking!  I've been working on feedback for peer tutor journal entries, and finding that I'm generally highlighting the "meets expectations" column -- which tends to leave our very highly achieving tutors feeling like they've earned a 2/3, rather than resting confident in the fact that what they're doing is hitting the standard, though they're always free to grow.

I'm thinking of trying out a single point rubric for this course.