Posts made by Viviana Chiorean

Hi Tim,

I appreciate you providing both corporate and personal acknowledgements. Something new for me was seeing how you offer greetings to the chiefs as a sign of respect, thank you for sharing that. Perhaps that is something I can work on in my own acknowledgement. 

Viviana 

Hi Derek, 

Thank you for this detailed post. I also really appreciate the transcript, from an accessibility point of view, as I also work part - time with the hard of hearing community.  Some individuals may have difficulty understanding the audio or trying to lip read in the video, so thank you for providing the transcript as well.

Thank you for sharing your story, and as a settler myself, having moved from Eastern Europe to Canada in 1997, I can relate to your statement : "I am aware of the lengths people will go in order to make a better life for themselves and I have been taught about what it is like to lose one’s home and connection to a place". 

I have so much to learn and will be re-reading your post well into next week!

Cheers,

Viviana 

Thank you Bonnie,

With my daughter having a figure skating competition in a few days, the short portion came from necessity as I am spending most of my time now at the skating rink :)

I am learning so much though from reading everyone's acknowledgements!

Viviana 

Hi Leslie,

I really like your personalized version as it made me think of official land acknowledgements in a different light. The focus is still on acknowledgement of the lands but also includes the fact that you feel welcomed on them and come from a place of gratitude. 

Thank you for also sharing your own story.

Viviana