Posts made by Viviana Chiorean

Hi Doug,

It does sound like you have become quite the FLO Enthusiast, welcome to the club! 

I wonder if perhaps having students create a "blog post" instead of one online discussion would generate more engagement. I still often read my blog, which contains numerous short assignments from my Provincial Instructor Diploma Program, on a regular basis. (https://vivianachiorean.wordpress.com)

I look forward to learning with and from you.

Viviana 

Welcome Derek,

Thank you for the reminder to vote - I worked for elections yesterday and was up since 4:45 am, hence my lack of replies yesterday ;)

I can relate to your experience, I also went through a "double loop learning" process (https://vivianachiorean.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/double-loop-learning/) while completing the Provincial Instructor Diploma Program. I have a Bachelor of Science and was familiar with traditional methods until I explored more about alternate assessment strategies, learning preferences, metacognition and self-directed learning.

I believe we are life long learners and although it may be challenging to "fit" new ideas into our pre-existing framework, the first step is to acknowledge that we might need to be flexible with our "existing structure". I am not a psychologist either so I will stop here. From a scientific perspective while there are neural pathways already in place, we can always create new neural pathways, which only get stronger with repetition. 

I look forward to learning with and from you. 

Viviana 

Hi Brandy,

Welcome! Would you happen to have an image of these eggs? My Romanian background is now curious :) We dye our eggs to something similar in the picture below, with whatever "leaves" we find around, a stocking and boiling water with onion skins. How do you "paint" yours?

Cheers, 

Viviana 

Photo credit: Bucataras TV. 

Attachment ouarosii.jpg

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your acknowledgement of the traditional lands as well as your family's background - I looked up the location of Cork. I have a nephew in Ireland (Dublin) but have never been. I would like to visit one day.  

Viviana