Posts made by David Millar

I'm not a skeptic, though I have concerns about privacy, netiquette, and the importance of creating an authentic personal connection. Have been working on an environmental project for the past year with an international group of Quakers, using Skype and online networks (e.g. Facebook, MySpace, TakingITGlobal listservs, our blog Towards a Moral Economy) and investigating ways we could reach out to NGOs around the world.

If anyone is interested, I could attach a database of about 90 social networks comparing their features; now somewhat dated because I did the survey a year ago. Since then Facebook, MySpace, etc have developed some serious groups that go beyong "hook-up" and "I'm cool, you're cool".

I also have a Delicious compilation which anyone may use -- with tags "community" on social networks and their platforms, and "EE" for environmental organizations. These tags can also be accessed from the blog Towards a Moral Economy, in the blue tagcloud on the lower right side.
I'm a ex-diver, ex-researcher, ex-prof, ex-librarian + online research methods tutor, and unredeemed rabble rouser currently working for several NGOs in community dev and eco-activism. Living in Montreal. Just got back from BC, Mexico and Guatemala, enroute to Halifax to visit friends and relatives. See

I've been lurking during most of this discussion, fascinated by the abundance of open source hosts. But today looking into Hugh McGuire's Librivox project, I discovered several discussions of principles that work in open-source projects, which seem to be of sufficient  importance to post here:

Sylvia, I promised the gang I'd upload this some time ago. It's a compilation that shows all kinds of oral history projects, some though not all in podcast form, but useful for illustrating educational possibilities. Because it's a web-bib anyone can use the links to actually view the projects. I'm reluctant to upload it to the Podcasting wiki because its topic is slightly different. Maybe you can create a 2nd wiki.

While resarching another topic I found this grade-school bioscience vlog (similar to podcast) site http://www.edutopia.org/php/keyword.php?id=037
If you think it's pertinent, please tell the others or put in the first wiki.