Posts made by Tess Yevka

I have not yet looked for open resources for textbooks. I do utilize the TED networks and other sharing sources for videos and other materials. I love that they are available.

I also have a very collaborative department at Clark College; faculty share resources and links to resources. We share teaching ideas, techniques, and rubrics. I am inclined toward this type of collabration in the whole at large as well.

Portland, Oregon is a community that includes a lot of collaborative exchange and simple, open resources: bicycles, tools, services, and so on.  It works.

I took a quick look at open resources but was a bit overwhelmed with trying to figure out where to go and what was realiable and what was not.

Tess

For creators? Satisfaction in sharing and contributing; their work gets out there; creating a rich learning system. I don't really feel concerned about the creators.

I need to know more about open textbooks to actually address these questions.

For students, it is accessability and cost that is beneficial. However, some may not have good internet access so that would be a challenge.