Posts made by Prince Obiri-Mainoo

Dear Scott, Sylvia and all of you out there,

I am just excited to find OERs as alternative to proprietary software. The population I deal with in Africa and among those in the Diaspora have several financial issues to deal with on daily basis. I could see the desire to get trained and learn more about e-learning, ICT and technology generally among teachers, students and even government officials. Yet, there is always the issue of affordability.

Even though we are not visible when it comes to sharing ideas on creation and usability of OERs on this forum, we are always reading and gleaning from your wonderful contributions. Thank you all for the interesting postings so far.

I hope you may find the following link on the top 100 open courseware projects useful. I just stumbled upon it this morning:  http://oedb.org/library/features/top-100-open-courseware-projects. Enjoy!

Prince

Hello Everyone,

My name is Prince Obiri-Mainoo, and I'm the executive director of National Africa Foundation with offices in the US and in Ghana.

Last year, I spent six months in Ghana exploring possibilities for more access to universities online. My findings, astounding as they were, have led to the conclusion that a virtual university with access to OER and links to other open universities is what is needed in Ghana and several other Africa countries. I started working towards this end at the latter part of 2008.

I do not have much to share in the form of accomplishment in the world of OER, except to say that I am excited about the possibilities to learn more about OER on this forum.

I also want to hear from others and to invite individuals, instituitions and organizations interested in collaborating and helping to make the establishment of a virtual/open university in Ghana and the sub-Sahara sub-region of Africa a reality in the course of the year to join with me. Thanks!

Prince

Hello Everyone,

My name is Prince Obiri-Mainoo. I am currently in Ghana since April 30 to promote computer literacy and e-learning, among others through my United States-based NGO, National Africa Foundation. I am due to return at the end of the month.

Though, I haven't been out visibly as now, I have been following your postings and comments from the distance. I must say that I am very impressed with what SCOPE is doing, and congratulate you all for that.

I have just a comment to make on my experience using ning. Unlike my experience with blogs at Google's blogspot and quite lately, also with Wordpress as a partner and co-author at eafrica , I find it quite cumbersome logging in to my account such as at Ghana Onondaga-Disney Interns, with questions about your pin even after providing your user-name and password. Otherwise, I applaud their several innovative features. I hope this explains a little bit about nings. Thank you all once again for your good work at SCOPE!

Prince