Posts made by Prince Obiri-Mainoo

Sorry for the late showing, but I am happy to participate in this session once again.

Currently, I am wearing two hats as the administrator/director of the recently-established Pentecost Leadership Training Institute (PLTI) here in Massachusetts and also as a coordinator of a national teacher training initiative for teachers in Ghana's 38 teacher training colleges with the Ministry of Education in Ghana.

The lessons I gather from other contributors would help my cause both in Ghana and in the USA

Unfortunately, my presence would again be remote as the main facilitator of our first training program at PLTI from the 8-31 March. I would be reading and following the discussions as much as possible and occasionally stop by to share a word or two whenever I am able. Have a fruitful discussion!

Prince Obiri-Mainoo
I'm happy to learn so much about OERs during these three weeks. I have read almost every posting and checked several of the links referred to by others. I'm encouraged and optimistic about OERs tremendous impact on education and global economies generally in the years ahead. I see Thomas Friedman's prediction of the world becoming flat happening in our generation.

The contributions of practitioners and other stakeholders who believe in the concept of OERs are the collective force behind the leveling of the playing field for students and people everywhere to benefit from this ongoing global initiative. Thank you all at SCOPE for making this happen sooner than later!

Prince

Hello,

I have recently been asked to nurture a training institute that my church, Church of Pentecost International in the U.S., has recently purchased into a university college. I am glad that the ongoing prominence of OERs will be helpful in this regard. With the support of a board and some educationists, we have been asked to deliberate and make recommendations and lay the necessary structures and links with educational and other international organizations worldwide that will help translate this vision into reality within the next few years.

Located in Leominster in Massachusetts, the Pentecost Leadership Training Institute (PLTI) currently serves only the clergy and the laity within the church, but from the beginning of the year PLTI has started opening its doors to the general public as the first step towards our goal.

Nicola, I believe your books may be useful addition in the library towards our cause. Please, let me know what to do next if nobody else has gone ahead to request them. Thank you.

Prince

What is more, Gerry, it saves time and goes a long way to authenticate their work. And anyway, why reinvent the wheel when same materials are already available for use? Except for a good reason to develop new content on the same topic, I don't see the need!

Prince