Discussions started by Sylvia Riessner

Somewhat late but hopefully still in time for some feedback! We're camping and wifi access has been a little harder to access than I thought.

I have been looking forward to trying the single point rubric structure as I thought it might be very helpful in encouraging instructors to step back and develop prototype learning activities to "test" their online course design (this is a rubric I would integrate within my FLO Design course)

I've looked at different iterations and think that I want to avoid trying to identify what "exceeds standards" or what "exceeds expectations" as that presumes that I've got set expectations. My rubric is intended as a guide for the conversation I have with each participant throughout the course - what do they want to achieve, will their intentions play out, through their design, for their learners?   

Purpose of the rubric:  to identify criteria to consider when designing a "good", "useful" prototype online learning activity which is part of an overall design or redesign of a course or unit of learning online

see rough draft below (if you're curious about FLO Design it's available in the SCoPE OER resources.

Cheers

Sylvia

P.S. heading out for some beach walking before the rains descend. Back tonight I hope so I can continue learning from reading all the excellent examples I'm seeing posted in this forum.

Prototype Learning Activity

Please join me in our final LIVE (synchronous, online) Blackboard webinar (webmeeting?) session tomorrow,

• Friday, August 14th from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon PDT (see your time zone)   
    Remember to have a headset with a microphone (a webcam would be great too so we can meet "face2face" but it's optional) Try to join a little ahead of the scheduled time so you can complete the audio setup wizard (instructions on the first slide when you enter the room)
  • To get to the room:  http://urls.bccampus.ca/scopeevents

Note:  If you run into trouble, I'll be monitoring the chat window in Collaborate. If you can't connect, email me sylviar@northwestel.net (I'll keep that open too).

Sharing Our Creations

This session was intended to enable us to share our draft outlines for engaging online learning activities or even to show/share samples? If you haven't got a prototype to share, please join me and talk about what you were planning to create, what you hoped to achieve and what some of your next steps might be.

If you can't make the synchronous session, we will record it and post it as soon as possible. The seminar officially ends Saturday, August 15th (but seminar resources remain available on SCoPE. 

If there are questions you'd like us to consider, please post them to this forum before 10:50 am tomorrow!

Cheers

SylviaR

Now we come to the meat of the moment (I think that's called mixing metaphors?)

I've created a quick audible presentation to connect the ideas about motivation with the "10 Principles" Framework with different types of learning activities, examples AND an additional model (framework?) that links motivation, SAMR, Bloom's Revised Taxonomy, questions and technological tools to build with. 

And I'm attaching the illustration I created. You'll notice I didn't include 10 OLAs for each principle - I included the ideas that seemed unique or more useful than others - mostly to keep the map from getting too busy. You can find a complete list in Table 1.1 in TEC-Variety!

And here's a link to the Padlet that collects resources around developing different learning activities through the framework of Bloom's Revised Taxonomy with an emphasis on digital tools and apps.

http://padlet.com/sylviar/olas

More to come...are you dizzy yet?

Attachment OLA Map.png