Posts made by Vasi Doncheva

Thanks for the clarification Simon,

We all tend to generalize every now and then but some times our frames of reference are different so I just wanted to make sure I understand your point :-).

Thanks for sharing the resource on Media distribution services: Identifying user needs and common goals from the NORDUnet framework - very useful and will help us furtherer refine our thinking about the AVI framework.

I agree that the ‘facility to issue formal experience or performance certificates to the AVIs ‘ ( as suggested by Anil) is a great way to recognize and reward contributions. At this stage we will be looking at that being build into the self governing structure of the AVI framework / community rather than being issued by an individual OERu partner / institution. We need to define what the certificates will represent and at what level and kind of contributions they will be awarded so OERu partners can accept them as part of performance appraisals for staff or as rebates for assessment or credentialing services for OERu learners.

all great ideas

Vasi

Thanks Simon,

All suggestions from left, right and center are welcome :-) 

I have moved some of yours to the initial list / summary. Not too sure what you mean by 'Institutionalists who have no experience of an open and transparent online culture' and how they will be adding value and where their experience and support could help the OER learners.

We do hope that it will not be too difficult to attract/ recruit AVIs from the OER community ( some of the participants in this seminar I hope will volunteer ;-) ) but you are right that we need to find meaningful rewards and benefits to keep them. This seminar has already generated some good ideas and suggetions but more will only help us to do a better job. So keep the ideas flowing.

Vasi

Let’s get started with some suggested headings and subheadings for the AVI framework proposal. Wayne has set up the space on wikieducator http://wikieducator.org/OER_university/Planning/AVI_Framework_proposal  but if you feel more comfortable you can post them here.

Your suggestions will give us a good structure to develop the proposal.

Executive summary

1. Background / introduction

1.1. OERu logic model

1.2. OERu pilot 2012

2. AVI framework

2.1. AVI roles

Vasi and Wayne

Great job everyone and thank you for all your contributions. I think we have a quite clear picture of what the possible roles of our AVIs could be.

Wayne has done a great job summarizing and transferring the inputs so far into Wikieducator AVI planning space. Here http://wikieducator.org/OER_university/Planning/User_stories_for_AVI_system_design#Definition_of_AVI_roles you will find the main definitions of the AVI roles that come out of our discussions so far.

I think we are ready to move on with drafting the AVI proposal and recommendations for the OERu anchor partners. Here I have set up a forum where we can post suggestions and discuss ideas.

And please continue to contribute to Who are our potential AVIs, how can we attract them and reword them?

Big thank you again

Vasi and Wayne