Posts made by Nobuko Fujita

[SCoPE] LAK11 -> Introductions -> Toronto -> Copenhagen

by Nobuko Fujita -

I'm currently in Toronto, Canada but on Friday, my family will jet to Copenhagen, Denmark.

I'm interested in this course because my dissertation and postdoctoral research examine learning and knowledge work in technology-enhanced environments.

Building relationships with other researchers with similar interests and goals for future collaboration would make this course a success for me.

I'm a learning scientist and a recent graduate from the PhD program (Computer Applications) in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning at OISE/University of Toronto. My research interests include learning and knowledge building in computer-supported collaborative learning environments, formative assessment, design-based research, professional development, e-learning, and the effective use of technology in K-12 contexts.

After being on maternity leave for the past year, I begin my postdoctoral work at the Centre for Applied Information Communication Technology at the Copenhagen Business School next week. I'm excited to get back to work as a design-based researcher working with teachers and students to leverage open learner modelling technology in the classroom.

I'll be presenting a paper or two with my colleague and spouse at the upcoming LAK 2011Conference. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!