Posts made by Inge Ignatia de Waard

During the online session yesterday the topic of net-etiquette was raised by David. The participants concluded that although technology is new, the human characteristics will never change whether it is online or offline. Nellie mentioned that although she herself is very open with her identity, her daughter (20) refuses to have a picture or movie taken to be put on the web. But what is the best way to go?

If you are interested to get a closer look into net-etiquette and all that is related to Web communications, surf to The Future of Reputation by Daniel Solove published by Yale University Press in October 2007 and get into the dark side of the Web...

But on the upside! Our institute gives out a short list of net-etiquette to accompany online courses that involve active learner participation. Do you promote some kind of net-etiquette in your organisation?

Looking forward to hearing experiences, thoughts....
Thank you all for attending the online session and for your patience (a new security box was installed at the institute during the morning of the presentation preventing streaming so the session started 18 minutes later).

There were a lot of good questions raised (a great group) and I will start taking the questions out of the presentation and getting them onto the forum later during the day.

For those who could not follow the session, you can watch the recording on this location (you need to be registered to WiZiQ and be logged in to be able to view the recording) and the presentation starts from 'slide 15', but you can see some good human interaction and problem solving in the previous slides (thank you all).
During the discussion of the last three days, a lot of us showed the need for a good definition of social media and furthermore a workable subdivision that would be linked to eLearning.

If you look at wikipedia on social media you can see a subdivision of the apps, but it is not related to eLearning or to the goals you might want to reach in research.

Do any of you have an idea of how this could be grouped? Or do not you think this needs to be grouped?
the lack of comments sometimes is a demotivator for me as well. That is the reason I began to put clustermaps on my blog. That way I could see how many people followed the blog. The link to Technorati also helped, because it gave me a chance to see who linked to my blog and from what perspective.

These two apps really made a difference as to motivate me. Apart from that I started to increase the posts I left behind on other blogs and I listened to the advice of problogger.

To me web2.0 is at his best if it is used specifically for professional ends. That way you know why you use it and when to use what (although I will post this as a separate question, because it keeps popping up as a possible difficulty).

Facebook and similar: totally agree!

Thank you so much for sharing, this is something I feel everyone comes across, the only thing is what to decide after that feeling.