Posts made by Inge Ignatia de Waard

hi Violetta

Waw, I had no idea the government made a deal with MS on that level. The Microsoft way of working is attacked in a lot of law suits and it is definetely a global issue.

Just adding the Unesco free and open source library, although common users are not always fond of free open software, the fact that unesco supports it is a beautiful thing.

Hopefully the future will find ways to work around this monopoly.
hello Nellie

I am completely with you on the plagiarism awareness point.
The students here come from all around the world and sometimes they do not fully understand plagiarism, but once it is explained they fully go for it.

Everything will evolve to payable downloads probably, but it would be nice if software licenses would become affordable or for instance linked a the average income of a citizen. That way the cost would be much more democratic.
Nalin

You make a very good point. Leaders and government enable a lot in whether or not a country and its educational institutes will accept new technologies for educational purposes. The implication on laws, budgetting, etcetera is enormous and needs to be carried by and with the government to enable successful implementation of eLearning on all educational levels.

During eLearning Africa I got in contact with Spider a Swedish program for ICT in developing countries who also did research on the necessities of eGovernment and the benefits.
we do not need to be connected to Intel. A couple of amazing mobile learning projects use the telecommunication for fast connections and even multimedia.

A very nice project that shows the possibilities of mobile projects is on citizen journalism in Africa

In addition to this, you do not even need electricity for your mobile if you connect a solar panel to your phone:
the chinese model
the stand alone solar panel