Posts made by Inge Ignatia de Waard

oh, I so follow you on the 'adding an abstract/description' into delicious :-D
And I must confess, it also feels like an effort to take out those tags that I only used once (similar in my blog, I should clean house, but I keep putting it forward to ... later). I wonder if there would be people willing to clean up the messes that are made, or maybe a cleaning algorithm?
It is indeed true that not everybody finds relevant information in the same way. Indeed there are many students that still miss the skill to come up with relevant tags, screen options that pop-up. The difficulty might be related to understanding what makes meaning or what will deliver personal, relevant results.

Maybe the way students use tags to describe learning objects, and to search through them, can give an idea on how the first steps the semantic web are taken? At first tags and things do not really match sensitive differences in meaning, but as time goes by and linguistic semantics are fine-tuned, the tags linked to object become more precise.

I would think that this precise tagging and finding the most relevant key words related to a certain subject, is linked to the novice or expert state that a person is in. The more expertise, the easier it is to provide specific and accurate key words or phrases, the more one is a novice, the more those choices might be colored by popular nouns or hyped words.

@Laurence: I also really like your idea that human beings have the tendency to go above and beyond. If this urge to move beyond could be put into an algorithm, learning analytics would provide us with cognitive or other laws that we would not even have imagined (or proven).