Posts made by Una Daly

Hi Chris,

Jumping in a little late here but there are a couple of resources that you should check out for high school maths if you haven't already.

http://www.ck12.org/

This is a foundation focused on OER for math and science curriculum (K-12) but mostly on middle school and higher.  They started with open textbooks but have branched out to more online support such as tutoring as well.  I know a number of community college faculty that have adapted their open textbooks.

http://www.thenrocproject.org/

The NROC project has focused on middle school, high school, and community college math.  They are a fee-based member consortium but make some of their materials available freely at their hippocampus.org OER repository site.  I know several community colleges who are members of their fee-based consortium and happy with those math materials.

Best Regards,

Una

Community College Outreach Director, OCWC

Hello Everyone ---

I'm Una Daly, from the Community College Consortium for OER (CCCOER) at the OCWC and it's great to see so many folks interested in learning more about open textbooks and open educational resources.  I am grateful to SCOPE (my buddies at BCCampus) for providing us all with this opportunity to share our knowledge. CCCOER is a community of practice that promotes adoption of open textbooks and open educational resources (OER) to improve teaching and learning.  We currently have members in 15 states and British Columbia and would love to have you join the conversation.

Our Advisory group meets monthly online and at conferences throughout the year to share our projects and collaborate.  Our fall webinar series featuring OER leaders in education is also scheduled monthly and is free and open to all and we invite you and all your colleagues to join us.   The first one will be Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at noon Pacific, 3:00 pm Eastern.  Click on the link below for further details.

Libraries Lead the Way: Open Courses, OER, and Open Textbooks

Best Regards,

Una Daly (unatdaly@ocwconsortium.org)

Community College Outreach Director, Open Courseware Consortium