Posts made by Francisco Reis

You too, Cris, Moodle aversion?

I was responsible for the introduction of Moodle in the biggest private higher education cluster in Portugal. But that was back in 2006, LONG time ago!

As I've said before, Moodle is for playing catch-up, we should now be aiming at much better tools. And universities should be the great innovators in this area (like Purdue with SIGNALS).
I've read until now and with great interest all the documentation for week 1. Unfortunately, Tanya's last Power Point is not in a format which my OpenOffice can read. Could we try to make this MOOC really OPEN? Anyway, congratulations for your work in Learning Analytics.

I have a proposal for a discussion group but I'll wait for the right moment to share with all my colleagues.

Finally, perhaps personal replies (like "good to see you") could be kept personal for we have already so many emails to read. Am I being to harsh? Hope not...
My experience with Hunch was positive.

I answered much more than 20 questions perhaps because they are accessible or because I had the LAK11 motivation!

The recommendations were OK and it was pleasant that it detected that I work in several languages.

For learning I can only think of helping to join students in a MOOC by groups of affinities, by objectives or by deepness on certain knowledge.

A good experience but not a revolution!