Posts made by Dr. Nellie Deutsch

I attribute my involvement in collaborative projects to the Internet and web 2.0 tools. My aim has been to connect online for peaceful coexistence and learning.

This is the last week of the seminar. Some of you have voiced your thoughts and some have been silent. I would be interested in learning more about your experiences.

Please share:

1. How did you get involved in collaborative projects?
  2. How are you collaborating?
  3. What tools or environments are you using?
  4. What is keeping you involved in collaborating?
  5. How do you envision the future of collaborative projects?

The following video depicts some interesting ideas on collective intelligence may be of interest and may help you answer the question:

Thank you.

Warm wishes,
Nellie Deutsch
Dilip,

This is an excellent idea. Live online workshops are an effective way to teach skills such how to create a template. I moderated an online workshop on basic wiki skills today that I will post later on. Perhaps we can plan a similar workshop on how to create templates. Please add a bit more on how your template can help others. You may add your explanation here or on the wiki.

Thank you.
Nellie
Dear Friends,

WikiEducator is a community of educators who are passionate about instruction and learning. I would like you to experience the kind of collaborative work Gladys and I have encountered by creating an account and logging into the pages we have created for the seminar on SCoPE to get the feel of our work on the wiki.

You are invited to join us on Collaborative Projects on WikiEducator.

Thank you.

Nellie

Anne Marie would this description work for you: "power-driven and antagonistic...project leaders" ? My experience with collaboration gone sour is leadership related. Leadership seems to tear down effective collaboration.
Has anyone been involved with a group of people who were not power-driven and willing to collaborate for a cause? I have. I was a member of a few very effective teams in my doctoral program. The team members knew that success depended on collaboration and good will. I believe that practicing effective team skills can help people become good at collaborating.