Posts made by Michelle Laurie

Hi Reynaldo and others, 

I'm really curious to see how you feel after the week and what pointers you have to help bring others along on the journey in the future. I love LS and see the benefit but am hoping to gain ideas on how to promote its usefulness and ease of use with others who are harder to convince. 

Let the journey begin! 

Michelle

Hi everyone, 

My name is Michelle Laurie and I work as a consultant from my home office in Rossland, BC. I'm excited to be here and learn with everyone this week. As for the questions: 

• What big question do you have about Liberating Structures as we begin our time together?
Like some others that chimed in earlier, I've been using a variety of the techniques over the years and really love them. I'd like to get beyond the menu to understanding more how to use them as a framework to support strategy design (as an example). I did attempt this with a client a couple months ago and they found it very challenging to follow. Instead they picked up a few ideas they liked, chucked the rest, re-organized and well....this might be okay but I would prefer to understand better the importance of the order of the strings, the pitfalls of including or dropping steps, and how to generally share the ideas in LS better (without freaking people out (the more traditional folks). 

• What do you hope to get from and give this group this week?
I am looking forward to learning from other people's experiences, especially those working with more structured and traditional groups (the ones that aren't terribly open to playing...) and I am happy to share my experiences as well as give my 2 cents here and there! 

Hi all, 

I am also curious about using LS techniques in on online environments including those that use basic technology such as teleconferencing, video conferencing and not necessarily an education course platform. Looking forward to thinking about this throughout the week! 

Michelle (from Rossland)

Hi Irene, 

I am happy to travel if you have a group.  I have done a workshop in Vancouver and was hired by SFU/UBC to do it.

This September I am putting on the workshop as there has been a lot of demand. The location is Rossland and all details are the same as the advertised July dates which is sold out.

I try to organize one workshop / year in Rossland and travel upon request however all organization is up to the host of the workshop (I come as the trainer).

Rossland is a 1 hr flight from Vic/Van with Pacific Coastal to Trail.  Most people come from out of town and enjoy the mountain retreat setting!

I would love for you and your colleagues to join, 

Michelle

Hi Irene, I have given a workshop in Vancouver before at SFU/UBC hosted by them. I can travel if you have a group and you hire me to come. Otherwise, I put on a workshop once a year in Rossland, BC. Due to an overwhelmingly positive response and interest, I said I would do a 2nd workshop if there is interest. Nearest airports are Trail, BC (flies with Pacific Coastal from Van and Vic). Most people come from out of town. Rossland is a mountain retreat and good learning environment. I hope you can make it and please let the others know. Cheers, Michelle