Posts made by Nancy White

Who am I? What am I? hee hee.

I'm Nancy White, aka choconancy and have been living a fulsome online and offline life since 1997 when I joined Howard Rheingold's Electric Minds online community and had a life changing experience. My online identity home base is http://www.fullcirc.com, but you can find digital traces of me all over the place, and all my fellow Nancy White's . (There are a LOT of them!) I have been writing and practicing all things online for many years and still am just a learner - that is how expansive the pioneering territory is in my view.

Right now I'm active on the Well, CPSquare, KM4Dev and a bunch of others. But I think the significant change in the past couple of years is that a lot of my online activity has been more network like, than community like, so I'm deeply interested in this continuum of me (individual), we( group) and the network. I think the rise of the network has significant implications for communities - and how we steward/facilitate/manage them.

I live in Seattle, Washington (yeah, part of Cascadia), I have two sons 21 and 24, garden and LOVE chocolate.
I think there is an assumption that dialogue online is simply a matter of going online and posting. I don't think many of us even think about the practice of dialogue and may not even have dialogue skills offline, so it is hard to do/experience online. We are good at throwing around a lot of words! ;-)

When do we know we are in a state of dialogue and not info-throwing? Emotionally. Intellectually.

I realize, I don't know.