Posts made by Nancy White

Meg, it is super interesting to experiment asynchronously. I think the LS Principles will hold very well. I'm trying to suss out how the microstructures work asynchronously. Particularly how space is arranged and time is sequenced, because online, asynchronously we are pretty constrained by the design of the technology platform. This is a fabulous chance to experiment. 

Hi Bettina

There is a lot of online LS experimentation going on. Happy to hook you into that CoP (on Slack for coordination, and usually on Zoom for gatherings). The .edu group on the LS community hasn't gotten a lot of traction AND at the same time, we know there is a lot of application, especially in higher ed and I know some of them ARE using it online. Maybe we can do a little network weaving?

Doug, I share your cultural context wonderings. One specific issue that I've been wrestling with is the consideration that stringing and using LS in rapid sequence favor people with high verbal ideation skills, for whom slower, turn taking talking listening is not a priority or a variety of other contexts. I have found myself saying during Troika Consulting "don't worry if it feels rude to turn your back on your consultants. Trust me, you will see." All the while I'm disrespecting people's cultural contexts. So there must be a way to do this!!!