Discussions started by Denise Withers

Hi all,

Just a quick note to thank you again for such a fantastic week! Though contributions to the fora will shut down soon, all the posts, resources etc. will continue to be available to you. (However, it never hurts to save things you really want!)

I wish you all the best of luck as you continue to develop your story design practice. And if I can help in any way, please get in touch!

Cheers

Denise

denisewithers.com

Whew! That was a fast week!

Thanks to everyone who has shared ideas, drafts and feedback so far. And please, keep it all coming. There's still lots of time to contribute. 

Even if you don't have time to post, there are some great ideas and observations in the fora. So take a few minutes to see what others are doing. 

The final step is to share what you've learned in the STEP FIVE: INSIGHTS FORUM. I'm looking forward to hearing how things went for you.

I'll be back later today with a final wrap-up.

Happy Friday!

Hello all!

It's very quiet in the fora, which must mean you're all having fun sketching out a story-based learning activity! Don't feel like it has to be a fully-formed, perfect outline. Sharing ideas early is the best way to get feedback and learn what works. And if you're totally stuck, feel free to reach out for help.

Also, thanks to the brave folks who joined me yesterday for a live Q&A session. It was a small group - and we had a great discussion about ways to integrate story into all kinds of communication and teaching challenges for engagement and learning. I recorded the video and you can find it on the Tips and Resources page, under Videos. 

I'm looking forward to seeing you all share your ideas and insights!

Denise

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing all your fabulous ideas and insights so far! Today's the day you should be starting to tackle Step Three, to sketch out a story-driven learning activity. The full instructions are in the Course Guide. And if you're stuck for ideas, check out the StoryStorm Forum.

Also, just a reminder that I'm hosting a live Q&A  Zoom call at 4 pm PT today. I don't have a set agenda - we'll use the time to address any questions you have. The connection details are below. (I'll record the call and share it in the Tips and Resources pages).

Happy storying!

Denise

Zoom call details

Topic: Teach with Stories

Time: Nov 20, 2019 04:00 PM Vancouver

Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/4351564210

Meeting ID: 435 156 4210

One tap mobile: +16475580588,,4351564210# Canada

Dial by your location

+1 647 558 0588 Canada

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 435 156 4210

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abonL59tMe

Congrats on sketching out your new, story-driven learning activity!

Please start your own discussion thread below to share your draft activity. Use your name in the Subject field e.g "Denise's Teach with Story Activity".

After you post it, pick 3 other activities that have been posted and share feedback on each as a comment. (Note that if you're one of the first to post, you might have to wait for the others).

Please try to pick outlines that have little or no comments so that everyone gets feedback. You can frame your comments using WWW (what works well) and EBI (it would be even better if).

Try to get this done by end of the day Thursday.