Posts made by Denise Withers

Hi all,

Just a quick note to thank you again for such a fantastic week! Though contributions to the fora will shut down soon, all the posts, resources etc. will continue to be available to you. (However, it never hurts to save things you really want!)

I wish you all the best of luck as you continue to develop your story design practice. And if I can help in any way, please get in touch!

Cheers

Denise

denisewithers.com

This could be really cool. I would just suggest making sure that they tell a story (vs describe interesting things about their home) as that's what will make the exercise engaging and memorable.

Have fun with it!

This could be really powerful! I'd REALLY encourage you to find a way to get a real story to use for this.

Also, there are a couple of techniques from the business world that are used to represent a customer's experience visually that might be helpful. One is Journey Mapping and the other is Experience Mapping. Either could be a really helpful complement to this activity.

Once you've analyzed the story, you could then move into re-writing the story of the service you'd LIKE the customer to have. What's the ideal future story? That then gives your team a shared story to work towards going forward - and it identifies the gaps / obstacles to be overcome. 

Sounds great!

Whew! That was a fast week!

Thanks to everyone who has shared ideas, drafts and feedback so far. And please, keep it all coming. There's still lots of time to contribute. 

Even if you don't have time to post, there are some great ideas and observations in the fora. So take a few minutes to see what others are doing. 

The final step is to share what you've learned in the STEP FIVE: INSIGHTS FORUM. I'm looking forward to hearing how things went for you.

I'll be back later today with a final wrap-up.

Happy Friday!

Cool idea! I'd add - not only what strengths do they bring, but also what personal challenges / biases? What is the back story of the officer that will absolutely affect her performance? What triggered her to get into law enforcement? What is her personal goal - what is she trying to fix / change / create? What personal obstacles will she have to overcome on her quest?

Fun activity - good luck with it!