Discussions started by Sarah Haavind

From Re: Welcome Informal Learners! by gunnarbruckner on Wed May 17 11:00:00 2006:
Jay and all the others will agree that there is a huge potential to be unleashed...if only we knew how? I suggest to open a thread on very practical ideas.

Gunnar's suggestion makes sense: Let's open the tap for offering/developing/ sharing practical ideas. Since, as Gunnar points out, we're all here to discover, collaboratively invent or massage into being practical ideas that don't really exist yet, or are just emerging, don't hesitate to offer unfinished inklings, initial thoughts, new tools that seem right for the job...any and all promising, down-to-earth bits and bytes that we can collectively puzzle over and try piecing together. Possibilities?
Welcome to the latest Scope seminar. As I've prepared to co-lead our collaborative exchange with Nancy, I've realized that informal learning is sort of like inquiry: it?s tough to hold onto and replicate informal learning experiences for others. As soon as informal learning is set into a structure, it?s easily lost. However, also like inquiry, informal learning is no less valuable for its slippery ways.

This three week seminar is intended for those interested in the inherent potential of understanding informal learning more deeply. Please join us with your latest insights and questions about informal learning! We?ll weave together the latest, cohesive quilt of knowledge nuggets, gems, half-baked ideas, as well as emerging approaches to informal learning using our newest tools ? blogs, del.icio.us, RSS, whatever! Come on in, let?s play?to get us started, please introduce yourself and offer some initial thoughts or compelling experiences of informal learning. What do we know?