Thank you

Thank you

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Number of replies: 7
I would like to thank everyone for being here and participating in their own special way, to SCoPE for providing the learning platform, and to Sylvia for inviting Nalin. 

Nalin,
I am honored to have met you. Thank you for passing on your passion and  enthusiasm for e-learning in developing countries.

Good luck,
Nellie Deutsch

In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

Re: Thank you

by Deleted user -
Nellie, will we be able to read the postings for this group, even after it is closed?  I fell ill three weeks ago, right after I joined the group, and so was unable to keep up with reading the postings.  I regret not having the chance to participate, and would at least like to read the discussions, now that I am feeling better.
Thanks
Heidi Piltz
In reply to Deleted user

by Emma Duke-Williams -
All the other SCOPE sessions I've participated in have remained ... in fact, they don't actually get closed off, so you can continue to post; it's just that people might not check it so often, if they don't know that a message has been posted - especially if they've disabled the notification.

Nellie - you have worked very hard in this session - thanks for really encouraging us.

Emma
In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Emma,
Thank you for your kind words and for your contribution to the discussions.
In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

by Nalin Abeysekera -

I too join with Nellie to thanks to all. Knowledge sharing is great thing! We will look forward for better conversations…if you are interesting in Sri LanKa as a developing country for research or any other purpose I am always with you to help as I can……I like to share knowledge….!!!!!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Nellie,as Emma mentioned you are a great leader with broad intellectual capacity. You took us through with courage. It is honor to meet a friend  like you…..I think we can at least contribute towards to the development of the e-learning.

Sylvia you guide us to the very end……thnks…million……

In reply to Nalin Abeysekera

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Thank you, Nalin.  wink

BTW My doctoral research study will include the human element (Rogerian) in the process of change from traditional to e-learning environments. I just  received approval.
In reply to Nalin Abeysekera

Thanks everyone!

by Sylvia Currie -
What started as a fairly quiet suggestion for a seminar discussion topic certainly did fan out into some great opportunities for sharing and for new connections and possibilities. Many new participants joined us over the course of the seminar, adding several new countries to our membership profile!

It was interesting to see the conversations and information about the seminar discussion spilling over into other venues. For example, over at the Online Facilitation list a member shared an excellent resource, CoPsDev, which was developed as a project in the CPSquare Foundations of Communities of Practice Workshop. The Facebook Group: eLearning in Developing Countries, was started up by Nellie and seminar participants are migrating there to continue the sharing. Also, watch for an Open Weekend discussion that focuses on educational tools in developing countries over at Knowplace.ca (scheduled for early November, I believe).

Through this discussion the Development Gateway Foundation learned about SCoPE and has extended an invitation to become a partner and cooperating organization with the E-Learning dgCommunity. If you aren't familiar with the work of this foundation I recommend checking it out!

We got a start on pulling out resources into our seminar Wiki, but it proved difficult to maintain! We can continue to build this together, so feel free to add the resources and highlights that you found to be useful. Also, the scope722 can be tagged on to your del.icio.us bookmarks or anywhere else that you want to associate a resource with the seminar.

All in all, this has been a very productive seminar discussion! approve Thank you Nellie and Nalin for volunteering your time to facilitate such an important seminar, and thanks everyone for your excellent contributions. As always, these discussions remain available to the public.

Our next seminar discussion, Social Media in Education, begins November 5, November 12, 2007 and is organized in collaboration with BCcampus Online Learning Communities. I hope to see you all there!

Sylvia Currie
Community Coordinator