Synchrnonous sessions: vote on times we could meet

Synchrnonous sessions: vote on times we could meet

by Janet Salmons -
Number of replies: 7

Hello everyone,

I'd like to demonstrate and discuss some ways to use online tools for online interviews. We can look at the benefits and challenges different kinds of tools offer, and consider implications for research designs.

I am planning one session using Elluminate, a multi-channel meeting space, and one using Vidyo CoroCall, a desktop videoconferencing system. I will post more about these tools later.

Of course, with our global group scheduling is a challenge in itself! Depending on your responses, we may offer more than one session in each tool to accomodate as many people as possible.

Please use these polls to convey your preferences for 1/25 (Elluminate) and 1/29 (CoroCall):

January 25 http://www.doodle.com/yfiym2wnpbm6uxp5
January 29 http://www.doodle.com/7rqephmuzha99hk8

Please indicate your choice by Thursday the 21st so we can make arrangements and get the word out about the schedule.

Thanks!

Janet

In reply to Janet Salmons

Re: Synchrnonous sessions: vote on times we could meet

by Moira Hunter -
Hi Janet,

What time zone have you used in the doodle scheduler? Thanks.

by Janet Salmons -
I am in MST, GMT-7. See www.timeanddate.com for your time zone.

by Sylvia Currie -
On the Doodle polls you'll see a pull down menu to change to your time zone. The default is America/Vancouver, which is PST.

Incidentally, this would be a handy tool to use for scheduling interviews but if you're concerned with anonymity you would need to set up a poll for each person.
Sylvia
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Jeffrey Keefer -
For Doodle, select the local time from the drop-down, and then click the Update button.

Doodle is a very useful tool, though I tend to suggest a few times and use Time and Date to set a specific future time.

In reply to Jeffrey Keefer

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I agree with Jeffrey that I tend to use Time&Date to suggest some times; however, the more i see of Doodle the more I like it - in part, as if you're a later voter (as I am) you might be inclined to alter your initial decision based on what you know others are doing.

By the way, you've not got a "sorry, can't make any" option (well, I guess other than signing in & then ticking nothing) - so, Friday - afraid I'm on leave & on a train to Edinburgh! (Could have done an early morning UK one - & tested videoconferencing via 3G & Linux based netbook ... but the rest of you would have been asleep!)
In reply to Jeffrey Keefer

by Janet Salmons -
I wanted to throw it wide open, since we have such a global group here!