About our facilitator
Janet Salmons is an e-learning scholar-practitioner and wears many hats! She is owner of Vision2Lead, a consulting company involved in projects related to virtual community, and curriculum and faculty development for educational institutions, business and nonprofit organizations. She also teaches courses on team leadership at Capella University. In addition to a research interest and her recent book on conducting research interviews online, Janet has focused on online collaboration in the classroom and in professional life. Some of you will recall her excellent 2007 Collaborate Online SCoPE seminar.
About the seminar
This seminar is scheduled for 2 weeks.
Week 1. Research with Synchronous Online Interviews: Design Factors
Thinking about key questions such as:
- Why collect data with synchronous online interviews?
- What ethical issues must be addressed? What will the institutional or ethics reviewers want to know?
- What sampling approach should I use?
Consider important issues before beginning online interviews, including:
- Should I use a structured, semi-structured or unstructured interview style?
- How do decisions about the interview approach relate to the selection of communications technology?
- Elluminate - Monday, January 25
- Vidyo - Friday, January 29
Participating in SCoPE seminars
SCoPE seminars are free and open to the public, and registration is not required. You are welcome to come and go according to your schedule and interests. To contribute you will need to create an account on the SCoPE site -- a quick process. Are you new to SCoPE or wondering how to manage your participation? Check this resource.
Sylvia Currie, SCoPE Coordinator
scurrie@bccampus, skype:webbedfeat, 250-318-2907