E-learning Africa

E-learning Africa

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Number of replies: 10
Elearning Africa speaks for itself.
In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

Re: E-learning Africa

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Another nice site (well, I like it!) - especially for anyone working with children, is the International Children's Digital Library.

In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Thank you, Emma. I agree with Nalin when he said that children our the future. How can educators from non-developing countries help developing countries in order to bridge the gap? 

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -
eLearning Africa is a great event. The call for papers is still open until 7 december 2007 so please send your papers.

I attended the first eLearning AFrica conference in Addis Ababa and that was really amazing to connect to all the participants to exchange experiences and knowledge.

An invitation

by Barbara Dieu -
I'd like to forward an invitation for all those working with e-learning in Africa, especially mobile technology.

Event:  Webinar 1: Applying mobile technology in the global conservation and development effort.

"Shareideas.org community event with an online chat"
What: Workshop
Host: Teemu Leinonen
When: Tomorrow, October 12 at 1:00am UTC (check your time)
Where: http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=shareideas.org

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=5309584869

In reply to Barbara Dieu

Re: An invitation

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Hi Bee
That looks interesting, and at first I thought I'd missed it, but now I'm not quite so sure ...
You've written 01.00am UTC (which was a few hours ago), but the facebook site says that it starts at 1am and ends at 3pm, in London - which struck me as quite a long time, but possibly designed to cover as many time zones as possible. Further down the same page, it says 13.00-15.00 UTC - which hasn't happened yet, so I'll try in a few hours and see if it's that one. I hope so!

Added: Just watching the video now - and I've skimmed the page - it's 13.00-15.00 UTC - which hasn't yet happened (it's 12 hours after the time Facebook had as the starting time & Bee had reposted)

In reply to Barbara Dieu

thank you for the link Barbara.
Cannot attend now because I am teaching face-2-face at those moments. I will however keep an eye open for future seminars.
In reply to Barbara Dieu

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Thank you, Bee. Ken Banks provides excellent ideas on the huge potential of mobile phones in developing countries and engaging the population by making them feel ownership of technology. I have added the video to this post for those who are interested.

thank you Nellie!
In reply to Inge Ignatia de Waard

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Mr. Banks is very busy these days so he couldn't join us in the seminar, but he did join the Facebook group for e-learning in developing and developed countries and has agree to present via Elluminate in a weekend session I am planning at KnowPlace. Ignatia you may join the group in order to view the updates.