Online Interviews in Real Time: The Book

Online Interviews in Real Time: The Book

by Janet Salmons -
Number of replies: 12
If you order Online Interviews in Real Time from Sage Publications, use the code S10GTER for a 10% discount. The book is also available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other booksellers.
In reply to Janet Salmons

Re: Online Interviews in Real Time: The Book

by Wendy Kraglund-Gauthier -
Hi Janet
Sage Publications Checkout isn't recognizing that code.. and Amazon.ca is sold out (a good problem I guess!)
Wendy
In reply to Wendy Kraglund-Gauthier

by Janet Salmons -

Just contacted Sage- they are updating their system and the code will be live tomorrow. wink

by E.A. Draffan -
Your book is available on Amazon.co.uk but sadly we can only pre-order... do you have any idea when it may be for sale in the UK? Looking forward to the discussion and I hope there may be a moment to chat about the best ways to analyse the data gathered after the interviews - the sort of tools that make it easy to annotate transcriptions, store, develop themes and code content. I have to admit I have used NVIVO and I am not sure it is the easiest of tools but am happy to be persuaded! smile Many thanks.
In reply to E.A. Draffan

by Janet Salmons -
It looks like you can buy the book on the UK Sage site: http://www.uk.sagepub.com/booksProdDesc.nav?prodId=Book233088&

I look forward to talking with you next week!

Janet

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Dear Janet,
Looking forward to joining you next week. I've got the book on order and it is suppose to arrive at least by mid-week. I think this topic needs much discussion for both supervisors and students. Jo Ann
In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

by Moira Hunter -
Hello Janet,

I too am really looking forward to this discussion and have just ordered the book which will apparently only arrive on 6 February for me.
In reply to E.A. Draffan

by Emma Duke-Williams -
has anyone had a copy from Sage UK??

I ordered one ... from Sage UK (that's what it said on the email from them); the order said "free P & P" & "£0 VAT"

It's not arrived yet ... but, I've been away for a couple of days & I've found 2 UPS failed delivery cards; demanding £15.43 for import duty. It was a bit of a mystery to me, as I'd not remembered ordering anything. The tracking details suggested it had originated in Newbury Park, California. I checked assorted credit cards & realised that I'd got an entry for SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC. THOUSAND OAKS 840 ..

I'll try to be in tomorrow to get it; but that's all I can think of, so was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?? (Needless to say, if it is that, I'll keep the bill & chase Sage!)

Emma

Edited to add: I've just remembered I've got some crazy Canadian friends, who knew I was away over Christmas; it's possible they ordered something online for me the same day as I ordered this book [they did call that day to ask if I was back]... I've emailed them to ask!
In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

by Emma Duke-Williams -
It was the book that UPS were trying to deliver; I've spoken to the UK office & they said that they were confused; apparently the code to get the 10% off was a US only one; however, the Sage UK site happily accepted it & let me order it, enter a UK shipping address etc.

It also thoughtfully (?!) converted the US price to £, thus charging me slightly more on my card than the original order said. (Should've gone to Amazon, in trying to save £1.20, I've spent an extra £18.41 :( )

From what I can tell from the paper work, it was mostly extra postage they were charging me, but there was some VAT, despite it saying it was a book on the form.

Guess I'd better read it now!
In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I've been cc'ed into an email from Sage US to Sage UK, so hopefully they're going to refund the extra I've had to pay. Now to read it! smile

by Bronwyn Stuckey -
Ordered mine from Amazon but the International shipping was messed up and the book will not be with me until Wed. So hoping to speed read as and where needed in the discussions when I get it.

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Janet,
I'm in Israel so I ordered via Sage in the UK, but the code did not seem to catch. It said the book would be published in February. So, I guess, I will have to wait.

I can't wait to read the book. If only I could add it to my references! I will need special permission as I can't introduce new references that were not included in chapters 1-3 of my dissertation. Silly, eh?