Help?

Help?

by Elizabeth Wallace -
Number of replies: 5

Thought I'd start this discussion topic, just because it's a good idea to practise setting up a discussion topic...oh...and because I think we should try and gather together all the requests for help in using this Moodle site.

For example, I'm a bit confused about the seminars/forums/discussion topics. How to access and the differences?

Also curious to know who among us knows enough to offer help wide eyes

In reply to Elizabeth Wallace

Re: Help?

by Sylvia Currie -
Great idea to gather up help-type questions, Liz. That gave me the idea to begin a Community FAQ. I added one question and answer in there and opened it up so any member can contribute items.

Are you confused about anything you've seen here in SCoPE? (Well, besides getting our heads chopped off smile) Post your questions and we'll start building that FAQ. Feel free to edit the FAQ directly.

In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Elizabeth Wallace -

Good idea to have an FAQ list -- provided we can find a way to get people to use it. Maybe we should rename it as FAQTSC (Frequently Asked Questions Though Seldom Consulted???) 

I feel a bit disoriented in the site, because it's not a course offering, and things are not quite clear to me yet. Also, new things keep getting added of course, so there's a surprize factor that is keeping me on my toes, particularly when I haven't had my afternoon tea yet.

In reply to Elizabeth Wallace

by Amy Severson -
I found the FAQ!!

And reading this thread answered one of my questions - I was only pretty sure that this was being run on Moodle, and now I know.

I've found this discussion area, and am receiving the daily digests - did I miss anything else? No spell check here? Oh dear.
In reply to Amy Severson

by Sylvia Currie -
Glad you arrived safely, Amy! Let us know if any questions come to mind that should be added to the FAQ. It's something that we can build gradually, but it's always good to get the obvious ones in there!

There are a few other places to explore at your leisure. For example:
Ongoing Interaction, intended as a place to participate at any time.
Community Library, where we've set up some remote news feeds, and a couple ways for members to add their own resources.

These areas are just sketched out for now, and the labels are just placeholders. We need to think about the best way to organize the spaces. Anything can change here, so feel free to make suggestions (everyone!).

In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Elizabeth Wallace -

Good idea to have an FAQ list -- provided we can find a way to get people to use it. Maybe we should rename it as FAQTSC (Frequently Asked Questions Though Seldom Consulted???) 

I feel a bit disoriented in the site, because it's not a course offering, and things are not quite clear to me yet. Also, new things keep getting added of course, so there's a surprize factor that is keeping me on my toes, particularly when I haven't had my afternoon tea yet.