Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone!

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 0
I'm stepping in here rather quietly because I don't want to interrupt Deirdre Bonnycastle's Active Learning Strategies seminar which is now well underway. I love that about working across time zones; you wake up to see there's been a flurry of activity overnight!

As community coordinator for SCoPE I can't thank you enough for all of your valuable input over the past few weeks in the "Next Steps" seminar. We've gathered together quite a list of ideas and suggestions, and you've given me much to follow up on! I'm busy working on your seminar topic ideas as we speak. And guess what? Some of the threads started here have continued in the SCoPE group in Facebook. Tia Carr Williams is now sharing the moderator role with Heather Ross, and Colby Stuart has initiated a new discussion on social communication among community members.

At the same time members seem to appreciate the basic format of SCoPE -- with scheduled monthly seminar discussions as the core activity. It was reassuring to read so much positive feedback about the work we've done together over the past couple of years.

I've been thinking about how to organize our conversations about SCoPE. These focused, annual (well, except we missed last year!) discussions generate a lot of ideas and we should continue that practice. But I think we should also round up our conversations into one location. So my next step is to copy over our "Next Steps" forums to a designated section in KaleidoSCoPE so they will remain available for easy access and further comment. Meanwhile, I'll switch off the ability to post to the "Next Steps" forums here in the Scheduled Discussions area and post a notice to redirect. I'm also working on a wiki to document the growth of SCoPE. I hope this strategy makes sense!

Again, thanks so much for participating in this seminar, and stay tuned for the newly organized KaleidoSCoPE. Hope to see you all in the Active Learning Strategies seminar!

Sylvia Currie
Community Coordinator