Week 3: Post-assessment and Summary

Week 3: Post-assessment and Summary

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 3
As many of you noticed we experienced some unscheduled down time with the SCoPE site in the past 24 hours. There was an issue with the server where SCoPE is hosted and several sites were affected. Thankfully, we seem to be back to normal now!

Now, where are we in our seminar and what's next...

Each week of our 3-week seminar is launched with an Art of Teaching video and live session in Elluminate.

Last week we talked about pre-assessment and participation. If you missed or would like to revisit the session the recording is available here, and the video is available here. Time challenged? No worries! You can just jump into week 3. :-)
  • Week 3: Post-assessment, Summary
    Monday, November 2, 10:00 - 11:00 PST (your time zone)
Note that on November 1 the clocks change from daylight savings time to standard time in certain parts of the world.

This week we are planning an additional Elluminate session on Tuesday at 1:30 - 3:00 PST (your time zone). This is sort of an Art of Teaching remixed where you are invited to share how you are applying what you are learning in the Art of Teaching series. Perhaps we can also review some ways that this video series has been implemented as a professional development tool, and how you could use the series at your own institution.

Are you interested? Would you be willing to prepare a brief overview of how you plan to implement one or more ideas/principles/strategies? It doesn't have to be too elaborate.

About Elluminate
Log in to the Elluminate room up to 30 minutes before the session begins. When prompted, type your first and last name, and the initials of the institution where you work (Bart Jones UNBC). If you are new to Elluminate, take 5 minutes now to visit www.elluminate.com/support and follow the steps for first time users.

See you there!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Week 3: Post-assessment and Summary

by Deirdre Bonnycastle -
As promised here are my links for rubrics http://delicious.com/active_learning/assessment+rubrics

I have a PowerPoint somewhere about creating rubrics, I'll try to post to SlideShare.
In reply to Deirdre Bonnycastle

Re: Week 3: Post-assessment and Summary

by Brenda Hallowes -
Hi Diedre,
I'm very much a lurker in this seminar. I noticed your list of Delicous links to rubrics. Have you looked at the Intel Education site for assessing projects? There are some wonderful resources there. http://educate.intel.com/en/assessingprojects/