Thank you and next steps

Re: Thank you and next steps

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 0
To echo Vivian and Derek, it really has been fascinating to learn about the various ways we approach our work at teaching and learning centres. Vivian begins a well-deserved vacation today, but as she mentioned this forum remains open. If there's anything else I can do to support your ongoing work  I'm more than happy to do that. For example, if the paper you're writing needs a special space in SCoPE to discuss process and share drafts I'd be happy to do that. I believe it was Alice who asked if discussion archives will be available for awhile. All SCoPE seminar discussions remain open and available so you'll continue to have this resource.

A note about format -- I enjoyed reading Vivian's blog alongside the seminar discussion. It would be interesting to explore that format further to find ways to integrate forum discussions and blogs. I used RSS to bring the posts into a common view so if felt very integrated. There may be some ways to achieve a more integrated interface right here in SCoPE.

Mark your calendars for our next 2 seminars:
1. SCoPE Next Steps August 20 - September 2, 2007
SCoPE is almost two years old! This 2-week discussion is an opportunity for a focused discussion on how we're doing and where we should go next.

2. Active Learning Strategies for Online Learning September 10 - 30, 2007
Deirdre Bonnycastle from University of Saskatchewan is planning a practical seminar discussion on designing and implementing active learning strategies.

Thanks everyone!
Sylvia Currie
Community Coordinator
scurrie@sfu.ca