Busy professionals and the challenge of time

Busy professionals and the challenge of time

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 4
Several (most!) of you mentioned that you wish you had more time to participate in SCoPE activities. Of course workload will always be an issue, but I wonder what we could be doing in SCoPE that would make it easier for time-challenged people to participate. Any ideas?
In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: Busy professionals and the challenge of time

by Colby Stuart -
Syliva - it would be wonderful if there were an iPhone app or mobile app for those of us who travel quite a bit.
In reply to Colby Stuart

Re: Busy professionals and the challenge of time

by E.A. Draffan -
I find receiving the discussion by email on my PC makes me read more items, as I forget to go to the discussion forum. But I can also do this using Outlook on my mobile phone. There is Moodle for Mobiles
In reply to E.A. Draffan

Mobile SCoPE

by Sylvia Currie -
Good suggestion, Colby. I love this idea of being able to participate in SCoPE using mobile devices. Like E.A. I also keep up with reading discussions on my phone but actually responding to forum posts or doing anything else on the SCoPE site is a bit of a challenge!

A few years ago we played around with mobile Moodle themes. There's one theme called "orangepda" that I just activated in the SCoPE Moodle Sandbox. It doesn't look any different than any other Moodle page on my Blackberry though. What does the Sandbox look like to others?

I spent some time looking around the Moodle.org community and found that with version 1.9 (what SCoPE uses) we have "session themes" which allows you to provide a separate URL for mobile users. I'm not sure how convenient that would be; it seems many people read forum posts in email (or RSS reader) then click through to the forum to reply.

Anyway, for sure it's time to do some research and see what we can figure out!
In reply to Sylvia Currie

suggestions for improvement

by Christine Horgan -

Hello: Hopefully I'm posting this suggestion to the right place this time. It's Wednesday in Calgary and still cold and snowy and the roads are awful!

My make-work suggestion is all that my frozen brain will come up with right now.

Cheers, Chris (Horgan)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Christine Horgan <christine.horgan@sait.ca> wrote:

My only suggestion on this cold and snowy Calgary morning, Sylvia, is that “someone” (who?) provide regular summaries of the discussion.

That way, if I don’t have time to follow all the emails, I can still pick up the threads of the discussion and then go back and follow up in more detail a particular thread. Unfortunately, my suggestion makes work for someone.

Chris