My Reflections

My Reflections

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Sylvia and Scope Members,

Excellent questions that need answers.

Let me begin by saying that my interest in SCoPE is to learn with others.

Here are my answers:
  1. I liked the thought provoking questions and responses on the discussion forums and Sylvia's very warm and invitational facilitation.
  2. I would add more hands on activities outside the Moodle in other learning environments such as youtube or other web 2.0 tools. In addition, as a Moodler, I would like more control over the platform. The practical hands on session with Jessy was heading in the right direction as far as my needs went.
  3. I would like more hands-on activities.

Now for a little background:

I have been a high school and higher education teacher for over 30 years. The reason I have survived the public education system in my country is my focus on the learner. i have learned about effective and efficient instruction and learning by listening to my students and allowing their needs dictate my instruction. Online learning is exactly the same. I have been grappling with the question of how to make the online learning experience effective for the learner and instructor. I believe a satisfied learner will come back for more or get it elsewhere.

I would love to connect with others in finding ways to engage the learner.

Here is an article about WebQuests as a way to engage learners. I would love to co-facilitate a hands on seminar on how to create WebQuests on SCoPE.

Thank you.

Warm wishes,

Nellie