Professional Development - BCcampus 2007 Online Program Development Fund

Professional Development - BCcampus 2007 Online Program Development Fund

by Paul Stacey -
Number of replies: 1

Hi UCIPD'ers:

As a follow-up to the presentation I made at your last UCIPD meeting I'm pleased to announce the BCcampus 2007 Online Program Development Fund has now been officially announced.

The 2007 round of the Online Program Development Fund has two categories:

1. Courses and Co-created Content

2. Professional Development

Of special note is the inclusion of Professional Development. The 2007 OPDF acknowledges the growing importance of complementing online learning development and delivery with educator professional development resources on how to effectively do so.

A complete description of the guidelines for each of the two categories, along with an FAQ, and application form is available from the BCcampus web site at: http://www.bccampus.ca/EducatorServices/CourseDevelopment/OPDF/CallForProposals.htm

In recognition of the upcoming summer vacation period the deadline for receiving proposals is September 28, 2007.

Feel free to forward this information on to others you think may be interested.

A frequent request in the previous four years of Online Program Development Funding, has been for support in the formation of partnerships across institutions wanting to submit collaborative proposals. In 2007, to support formation of joint partnerships BCcampus has established a 2007 OPDF discussion and partnership formation discussion forum in both the EdTech Online Community (for partnership formation between and among public post secondary institutions) http://community.bccampus.ca/bccampus?go=1584130 and the BC eLearning Marketplace and Expo Community (for partnership formation between public post secondary institutions and BC eLearning companies and not-for-profits) http://community.bccampus.ca/expo?go=1584153. BCcampus encourages the use of these forums to find, develop and sustain OPDF collaborations.

As UCIPD members you may want to use this SCOPE forum to discuss potential professional development proposals too.

Response to the previous four rounds of the OPDF has been very positive resulting in many innovative projects.

We look forward to building on that momentum with this 2007 round.

Paul

In reply to Paul Stacey

Re: Professional Development - BCcampus 2007 Online Program Development Fund

by Elizabeth Wallace -

Thanks for this information, Paul, and for posting it in the UCIPD forum in SCoPE.  For members who are wondering, because of the way SCoPE Is set up, the message will be received in the Inbox of UCIPD members' regular mail client, but actually is a post in SCoPE.

Paul, I'm sending this reply from Edmonton where I'm attending the STLHE Conference (Societyfor Teaching and Learning in Higher Education). Many UCIPD members are here, and so I'll start a conversation in person about the possibilities of working together on a proposal. For those members who are not in Edmonton, please reply to this message so we can begin to collaborate.

Hint: you will be prompted for your ID and password if you want to reply (reading doesn't need a p'wprd). We set that up as the first part of your email address originally, so mine would have been ID:ewallace, P'word ewallace. Of course I changed it after that, and you may have too, but it's worth a try. Send me a regular email at ewallace@sfu.ca if you need help.

Cheers,

Liz