Reflections

Reflections

by Therese Weel -
Number of replies: 4
As we wind down the whirlwind these past few weeks have been.

Let take some time to reflect on and share the new insights we have gained by participating in this discussion.

I have many.. I will share a few of them now.

First of all I really appreciate the insight offered by teachers and parents on their real world experiences.  And also the presentation by Dr. Samia Khan which gave voice to these concerns.

Secondy, being a geek, I changed my definition of a serious game to include a physical game and a game that transverses the boundary between the virtual and the physical.  Conversational games, playground games and virtual science labs get me thinking about how we can better ground the lessons learned.

I am posting the first draft of the PDF summary for this session.  I still have some work to do however I wanted to post it early as we wind down the discussions.   The PDF summary has a space for reflections on what we learned during our time here.

What did you learn this month.
In reply to Therese Weel

Re: Reflections

by Therese Weel -
Hmmm,

It's quiet out there.  No worries.  I suspect we are all busy.
Some brilliant comments have been made throughout the forum this month.
I'll add snippets of our conversation to the summary and sent it to the participants  later in the week. 

T
In reply to Therese Weel

by Sylvia Currie -
The summary you're working on for this seminar discussion is really great! We've done a lot of exploring and touched on a lot of topics in 3 weeks! Thanks for creating this takeaway for us. It's really appreciated. :-)
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by E.A. Draffan -
Sorry to be so silent, but work really has been full on recently.  I am afraid I was happy to lurk this time round and learnt a lot - loved the mindmaps as they really showed the huge range of environments.  Thank you so much and I really am grateful to receive a summary, so I can come back to it all when I have a bit more time. Best wishes E.A. 
In reply to E.A. Draffan

by Janet Bowen -

I am currently working on my dissertation for my PhD in Education focusing on Instructional Design for Online Learning. The information and resources have broadened my perspective on how to create online learning for a variety of situations. The focus of my dissertation is the creation of online learning using the universal design. The idea is to implement the theory of multiple intelligence to create learning offerings that stimulate and improve the learning for individuals with disabilities. The use of virtual worlds to create that type of learning was brought home to me as I experienced the learning offered through this forum. I look forward to reading the summary, the resources are helping me expand my outlook and design perspectives.

Janet