Meeting in Second Life

Meeting in Second Life

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 9
The IndustryPlayer discussion with Ron Edwards is on Tuesday, 10 am PDT -- see timeanddate.com for the time in your location.

Nick Noakes kindly offered Boracay Island for our SL visit. Unfortunately, it will be 1:00 am in Hong Kong so I doubt he would be able to join us. Dan (Odysseus Chandra -- fancy name! big grin), you mentioned your space at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Klaw/179/10/24/  Is there a chance we could meet up there? 

In reply to Sylvia Currie

Re: IndustryPlayer discussion

by Dan O'Reilly -

Hi Sylvia (aka WebbedFeat Fapp [hope I didn't give anything away lol]),

Sure we could use the Mapping CURA/BCcampus space in SL to hold a meeting.  After next week, my classes (i.e., teaching) are finished and then just exams.  So, I am sure we could work out a time that will work for most.  I have recently created a meeting area with a video screen and whiteboard and would be interested to get others impressions how they work.

Cheers,
Odysseus (aka Dan)

In reply to Dan O'Reilly

Meeting in Second Life

by Sylvia Currie -
Okay first of all my apologies! I'm confusing 2 activities. The industry player trial isn't even related to our upcoming meeting in Second Life. Our scheduled SL meeting is with Ron Edwards of Ambient Performance . I'm not sure how I mixed the two! You should see me when we start using SL names. Then I really start to lose it! blush

Dan, would you be available on Tuesday, April 10th, 10:00 am your time (Pacific) to take us to the Mapping CURA/BCcampus space? Also, I'm wondering about the video screen. If we have some slides in .mov format could we show them on the video screen?

WebbedFeat Fapp

Re: Meeting in Second Life

by Dan O'Reilly -

Hi WebbedFeat,

I am teaching next week and I have lectures at 10:30 am on Tues, April 10th.  So a 10 am time on the Tuesday would not work.  It could be earlier, e.g., 8:30 am for almost a two hour tour, or after 12:30 pm PST.  Wednesday I am busy until 12:30 pm and then available after that.  Any time on Thurs works.  Friday I have lectures 10:30 am to 1:30 pm but I am able to do a tour any other time in the morning or afternoon.

Odysseus

by Nick Noakes -
Sylvia, there's no need for me to be for you to use Boracay.
In reply to Nick Noakes

by Corinne Brooks -
as long as you leave a campfire, some seats and a picnic basket :)
In reply to Corinne Brooks

by Nick Noakes -
As long as you are a member of the Boracay group, you can do this yourselves (although the campfire one requires a couple of steps). When I was conceptually designing Boracay, a big part of it was for group self-directed/facilitated learning both for students and for teachers for such things as open-space meetings and unconference formats :-)

If you are not a member of Boracay, drop me an IM inworld and I will add you to the group.

Nick
In reply to Nick Noakes

by Sylvia Currie -
Oh but Nick, it wouldn't be the same without you! Thanks again for letting us meet there on Tuesday. We'll try not to break any martini glasses.  clown

We'll be in good hands with Tia (right Tia? Just so you know you won't be in good hands the me!)

Dan, it would be great to check out Mapping CURA/BCcampus in SL as well. Maybe we should organize that after next week when you're finished teaching for the semester.

by Dan O'Reilly -

Hi Sylvia,

Sure, the following week on Tues, April 17th, at 10 am works fine.

Dan

In reply to Dan O'Reilly

by Tia Carr Williams -

Id like to thank Ron Edwards for a wonderful presentation in Boracay today. A very good turn out of attendees created a good conversation flow despite skypecast difficulties.

A special thanks to Nick for the use of Boracay, to Therese who facilitated despite the odds and to Olha who caught the latercomers and directed them back to base.

Don't worry if you missed this event, Ron has graciously offered to host a trip to 'There' soon and we will post details in the next day or so.

We also have a presentation scheduled by Margaret Corbit who will showcase an Active World environment next week also.

We are very fortunate to be able to experience these different 'worlds' and be able to draw our own conclusions and 'compare and contrast' the benefits of each.

Tia