Chapter Structure

Chapter Structure

by Robin Yap -
Number of replies: 4
As we're identifying individual chapter writers and contributors, I was thinking we could also decide on how each chapter is structured as well as the citation policies we'll be using so there is consistency, uniformity, and good flow between chapters.
In reply to Robin Yap

Re: Chapter Structure

by Jeffrey Keefer -

I agree about citation policies as well. I prefer APA, how about others?

In reply to Jeffrey Keefer

by Francesc Balagué -

I agree about using APA, but If we work on a separated chapters, it is possible that all of us, in some cases, will refer to similar books, articles, etc.  ¿has it any inconvenience?

cheers
In reply to Francesc Balagué

by Emma Duke-Williams -
I can't see that it matters if people refer to the same book in different chapters - most edited books seem to have a separate bibliography for each chapter anyway.

However, to prevent too many people all using the same reference, possibly at the expense of other relevant ones, would it be worth setting up a shared account on either connotea or citeulike? For those who aren't so familiar with Connotea/ CiteUlike, they are bibliographic tools that are online (so you can add references as you browse, like del.icio.us,  and you can also add off line resources manually. They, are, however, designed for academic use, as they have the ability to add the full bibliographic details, to export for use in EndNote etc.
I've not really got going with either - though from what I've seen, Connotea seems to have a greater variety of formats for export/import, so that might be better, as it would increase the chances of it working alongside existing software that authors have.

I've also looked quickly at MyEndNote Web, but the main disadvantage of that (to me) is that there are very few UK libraries listed. Mine isn't one of them!
In reply to Jeffrey Keefer

by Michael Griffith -
I use MLA within the literature framework.... but am prepared to be flexible!
Cheers
Michael