About our Special Interest Group

Re: GEN - emerging trends and needs

by Sylvia Currie -
Number of replies: 0
This is such a nice reflection on your first encounter with an online community, and where you've been heading since then, Sus!

Gosh, isn't it true that we didn't even use the word community when we first began the Global Educators' Network. It seems like it just hit us one day that we had become one. What I really appreciate is that we used the term "community" carefully. When we began to see the volunteers coming forward, the mutual support and exchange among members, and the development of roles, we then felt justfied in calling our place a community.

There are many communities that live on, and each seems to find a certain format that clicks. I'm always struck by how members in various communities ovelap and flow in an out of different venues (quite easy for you to achieve simultaneously, Sus, with all those computers and monitors!).

Oh, and btw I have picture of Lars Birch Andreasen and his family tobogganing at my house during their visit to British Columbia. Did we ever know about that connection back in 1999 or whenever it was? We probably need to reinvent that 6 degrees of separation game! It's getting too easy! smile